Key Account Manager - Cryptocurrency
At Elliptic we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York, NY, and Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
Opportunities to join a new and dynamic industry do not come along every day. When they do, they require high energy, curious and enthusiastic people who thrive in a proactive, supportive and high paced environment.
We are in a period of rapid international growth and are looking for ambitious people to drive this growth. You will responsible for managing a nominated list of Cryptocurrency customers, based in the UK, USA and Asia Pacific. Your focus will be to drive profitable annual contract revenue contribution and increased market share from the Elliptic solution and service portfolio.
You will be a proven and credible operator at C level and have a track record of delivering successful compliance, risk or security solutions to financial and cryptocurrency sectors. You will be commercially adept, technically sound and able to deliver results through geographically disparate teams.
We are also looking for people who have a passion for doing the right thing for our customers and Elliptic. So you will be responsible for delivering a great customer experience, whilst also working within Elliptic commercial guidelines.
Role and Responsibilities
Impact on the business
- Responsible for managing an account portfolio of up to 15-20 accounts, with an ACV (annual contract value) target of $1-2M.
- Responsible for the delivery of profitable and long term business of those accounts to Elliptic.
- Ensures delivery of all financial targets.
- Ensures appropriate pipeline coverage according to own conversion rate and maintains a good balance of quantity, quality and short- / long-term opportunities. Detects trends early in order to adjust his/her forecast.
- Uses a structured, repeatable process during the entire sales cycle and adjusts his/her approach if required. Plans and documents progress on more complex deals.
- Works in close collaboration with the customer, applying cryptocurrency sector knowledge, to uncover new business opportunities.
- Engages at customer C level to initiate new business opportunities by demonstrating the potential value contribution of his/her solution.
- Operates as a 'CEO' of the account and is recognized by the customer as trusted advisor continuously providing thought leadership and innovative solutions that deliver value to the customer business.
- Establishes a personal network of business and industry experts for gaining extended industry knowledge and identifying potential business drivers
- Works with third parties & partners where appropriate to support a ‘win strategy’.
- Empowers people to act and be bold and encourage collaboration.
- Aligns resources and budgets to the strategic value of the account for Elliptic. Takes several KPIs into account to ensure that Elliptic is not over- or underinvesting in an opportunity.
- Values and seeks out diverse perspectives. Inspires and energises others to believe in themselves and achieve more.
- Trusts others to deliver on their commitments and hold them to account.
- Communicate professionally and with empathy with an emphasis on owning and solving customer issues whilst building excellent rapport to ensure the customer experience is maximised.
- Timely updates of all relevant systems for managing opportunities and contracted services.
- Eloquently composes clear, concise, and crisp messages to a variety of internal and external audiences. Inspires people through communication to take action.
- Creates compelling and engaging written documents, tailored to the audience.
Innovation and change
- Inputs to decisions on new propositions, product mix and services for customers.
- Identifies cross sell and up sell opportunities for services specific to customer industry.
- As part of Elliptic team, responsible for representing customer view and insight in developing the product/service roadmap for the customer.
- Works in partnership with implementation and technical support teams, and pre and post sales areas to ensure seamless introduction of new product services and solutions to accounts.
Education and Preferred Skills
- An understanding of how the cryptocurrency ecosystem operates, alongside key decision-makers and influencers in account organisation
- Managing complex customer relationships up to C-Level
- Ability to translate customer’s objectives and strategy into relevant Elliptic propositions
- Well-versed with consultative selling approach.
Our core values are:
- putting the customer first
- finding the right answer
- working together as a team (taking ownership to help get everything done)
- speaking up and being honest