What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for a seasoned DevOps professional to own the infrastructure that all Elliptic engineers use to write and ship high quality products.
DevOps is a core part of engineering at Elliptic. We leverage a range of open source technologies to build, test, and deploy code to public cloud and managed bare-metal servers. With your help we can continue to streamline the development cycle and increase the robustness of our infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
Overall you will collaborate with engineers and data scientists to develop efficient developer tooling, test-automation, CI/CD, and monitoring systems.
- Make developers happy every day!
- Enable transient development and test environments (local and cloud-hosted)
- Build out a robust CI/CD framework across our tech stack
- Integrate automated testing in to the continuous build process
- Drive the use of logging, monitoring, and analytics to ensure performance and stability of all environments and applications
- Lead private-cloud deployments
- Help make architectural decisions (and implement them!)
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Assist with the management of local infrastructure
- Help developers embrace devops - give advice, perform reviews of relevant code etc.
What is the work like? What are the challenges?
- From a DevOps point-of-view the biggest challenges are:
- Making our infrastructure fit for purpose, robust, and easily scalable
- Ensuring the developers can perform builds and deployments as easily and safely as possible
- 5+ years relevant industry experience in system administration, DevOps, build/release, site reliability or general engineering roles
- Solid experience with at least two of our existing DevOps frameworks (Docker, Ansible, Hashicorp, and Jenkins)
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code and deployment to public clouds
- Deep experience with development tooling for a range of languages & frameworks
- Familiarity with logging and performance analytics systems
- A fast learner with enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits all solutions)
- Proficiency with Linux
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (documentation, code reviews, test automation)
- A passion for making developers lives easier
Bonus points for:
- Solid experience coding in a JVM language
- Hand-on experience with on-premise deployments in highly regulated industries
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of and liking for a functional programming approach