Cryptocurrency Data Analyst
At Elliptic we know that cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to detect criminal abuse of the technology, and provide a safe space in which innovative new businesses can grow. Elliptic is the global leader in risk intelligence to detect and prevent criminal activity in cryptocurrencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide risk intelligence to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of transaction value every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and government agencies.
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate Data Analyst to help us to further strengthen this dataset. This involves a combination of manual and automated curation activities to identify entities and activity on the blockchain.
- Collect and curate data relating to cryptocurrency usage
- Analyse and interpret cryptocurrency usage behaviours and trends on the clear and dark web
- Become a subject matter expert on the criminal use of cryptocurrencies
- Work with data scientists to identify new data patterns and research opportunities
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Excellent data analysis skills, including advanced spreadsheet expertise - if you have also used Python to some degree, this is fantastic!
- Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
- A degree in a quantitative subject