Full Stack Web Engineer
What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate software professional to drive design and implementation of cutting-edge blockchain intelligence tools. Full stack engineers are an essential part of Elliptic’s product team. The role is truly cross functional, with lots of diverse projects to work on and a great opportunity to display your abilities and build on them. We leverage open source technologies, like React, D3, Node.js, but have also built our own high-performance, in-memory data pipeline and analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office
What you'll do:
- Design, build, test, and deploy maintainable systems - everything from user-friendly UIs and robust APIs through to efficient data processing code
- Write first-class production code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Solve complex problems with elegant, imaginative solutions
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to ensure alignment
- Carry out code reviews and document best practices
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Be willing to mentor other engineers when necessary
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment
We’re looking for smart coders and innovators who work hard and have fun during the process!
In addition to a passion for solving difficult problems, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- 3+ years industry experience with modern web development and frameworks
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Karma etc.)
- Comfort with asynchronous programming, be it callbacks, promises, streams...
- Good practical knowledge of data modelling, RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred), and NoSQL solutions
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits all solutions)
- Familiarity with git source control
- Strong CS fundamentals and programming skills.
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (documentation, code reviews, automated testing, CI etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding requirements beyond the written word
- Strong communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with data visualisation libraries (D3, Viz.js etc.)
- Experience with devops tools and deployment to cloud service providers
- Proficiency with Linux and bash scripting
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of and liking for a functional programming approach
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny new laptop
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!