At Elliptic we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York, NY, and Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
Opportunities to join a new and dynamic industry do not come along every day. When they do, they require high energy, curious and enthusiastic people who thrive in a proactive, supportive and high paced environment.
We are in a period of rapid growth and are looking for ambitious people to drive this growth. You will be responsible for actively owning and driving the pre-sales evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and evangelist of our products.
We are looking for someone who can:
- develop and own the pre-sales solution design, to sale and implementation.
- deliver onboarding training to the customer post-sale.
- be a key influencer of AML product strategy by helping us stay ahead of what our customers need to face their compliance challenges.
You will have a passion for doing the right thing for our customers and Elliptic.
Role and Responsibilities
Impact on the business
- Deliver and exceed against sales, revenue, product penetration targets.
- Evangelise Elliptic’s products and propositions in the marketplace and with customers. Position “Why Elliptic?” against competition.
- Cover the breadth and depth of engagement with retention and acquisition customers.
- Assist the sales team to build pipeline across existing and acquisition accounts.
- Key input to determine AML product strategy.
- Establish key customer relationships with the support of the customer contact strategy. You must have the ability to speak to both technical and non-technical stakeholders while determining client requirements and driving the sales process forward.
- Understand customer requirements and offer bespoke solutions tailored to their needs.
- Adopt a consultative approach with emphasis on analysis and consultation.
- Assist with RFP processes by acting as the primary technical representative in collecting and providing data to potential customers.
- Deliver technical presentations and demos of Elliptic’s products to potential customers.
- Provide the first level of support for your prospects.
- Answer first line technical questions and provide consultative cryptocurrency-related expertise.
- Be key channel for customer feedback to product teams to ensure continued development of product offerings in line with customer needs.
- Work closely with internal teams to develop and enhance sales and training materials.
- Addresses problems immediately. Works across functions to solve problems.
- Works with pace and energy. Builds team spirit and cultivates unity and commitment among the team.
- Works in partnership with Customer fulfilment and pre and post sales areas to ensure seamless introduction of new product services and solutions to accounts
- Highlight & escalate all critical issues & interventions that might impact ultimate solution delivery & customer experience.
- Operate with the highest levels of communication skills, converse professionally and with empathy with an emphasis on owning and solving customer issues whilst building excellent rapport to ensure the customer experience is maximised.
Education and Preferred Skills
- Good working knowledge of cryptocurrencies and/or financial crime.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Willingness to travel
Our core values are:
- putting the customer first
- finding the right answer
- working together as a team (taking ownership to help get everything done)
- speaking up and being honest