Director, Compliance and Investigations Services
Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software, forensics software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies. Our unique platform uses a combination of graph analytics and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of data relating to cryptocurrency transactions, giving us an unparalleled understanding of capital flows within the cryptocurrency network.
The company is headquartered in London, UK, and has offices in Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
The Director, Compliance & Investigations Services will lead a newly formed Compliance & Investigations Services team to ensure Elliptic is able to deliver best-in-class cryptocurrency compliance advisory, client training and investigations. Elliptic’s services offerings support the delivery of our market-leading software solutions for cryptocurrency AML and forensics.
Supported by our forensic investigators, they will consolidate our leading position in the provision of cryptocurrency forensic services to law enforcement agencies, and expand our compliance offerings for financial services clients. This individual will also provide product insight and thought leadership to the product and marketing teams at Elliptic.
- Manage the services team, across the UK and US offices
- Oversee the delivery of cryptocurrency forensic investigations
- Oversee the delivery of cryptocurrency training services
- Develop AML/CTF compliance programs for businesses handling cryptocurrencies
- Be the internal expert on the global cryptocurrency regulatory environment
- Partner with the product team to ensure our products and solutions help our clients meet their compliance challenges
- Work with other company leaders to set and execute strategy
- Drive Elliptic’s thought leadership in cryptocurrency compliance
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Consulting experience: from developing client relationships and supporting the sales team, to managing and delivering project deliverables
- Expertise in financial crime compliance: you will have developed and implemented policies and controls to meet regulatory requirements, including risk assessments, program assessment and design, response to regulatory criticism and transaction monitoring
- High ethical standards - customer success is our priority
- Can hack the (sometimes exhausting) pace of startup life!