Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software, forensics software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies. Our unique platform uses a combination of graph analytics and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of data relating to cryptocurrency transactions, giving us an unparalleled understanding of capital flows within the cryptocurrency network.
The company is headquartered in London, UK, and has offices in Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
The Director, Investigations & Services will lead a newly formed Investigations & Services team to ensure Elliptic is able to deliver best-in-class cryptocurrency investigations, client training and related services. Elliptic’s services offerings support the delivery of our market-leading software solutions for cryptocurrency anti-money laundering and forensics.
Supported by our forensic investigators, they will consolidate our leading position in the provision of cryptocurrency forensic services to law enforcement agencies and private sector clients. They will be responsible for managing engagements and ensuring the accuracy and clarity of Elliptic’s deliverables. The successful candidate will also drive the development of new service offerings to our clients.
- Build and manage the investigations team, across the UK and US offices
- Drive revenue for the investigations business line
- Work with government/law enforcement clients to deliver forensic investigations
- Work with private sector clients on risk assessments and investigations
- Work closely with the sales and account management teams to grow client relationships
- Develop new service offerings, and provide key input to product development
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Consulting experience: from developing client relationships and supporting the sales team, to managing and delivering project deliverables
- Management experience: leading teams to achieve objectives
- Expertise in complex investigations - forensic accounting experience a plus
- High ethical standards - customer success is our priority
- Can hack the (sometimes exhausting) pace of startup life!